Turtle Way™ is Write into the Light‘s online literary art magazine. Our primary purpose is to deliver hope to those with mental illness through original works of literature and art that we create as we cope with and heal from our own mental illnesses.
We are currently accepting submissions in the following areas for our 2014 issues:
- short-story fiction and non-fiction
- essays, opinion pieces
- meditations, inspirations
- jokes, cartoons, humor (PG or G ratings only)
- facts about mental illness (with link to source)
Submissions are open year-round.
To be a part of our mission, please submit your original work by closely following the submission guidelines:
- You must be original author or creator, and current copyright holder of the work you submit.
- Send literary submissions (maximum of 30 lines per poem, and 600 words per other writing forms) within the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (attachments will NOT be opened except for photographs and artwork.)
- Submit photos and artwork as JPEG or PNG files to email@example.com (images should be at least 1000 pixels both horizontally and vertically.)
- By submitting your work, you grant Write into the Light™ (at http://writeintothelight.org) the right to publish and archive your work on Turtle Way’s website (https://turtleway.wordpress.com)
- Upon publication in Turtle Way™ all rights revert to their original creators and/or authors.
- Please include a short bio and any pertinent contact information that you would like included with your work, such as an email, website or blog address, and Twitter or Facebook handle.
- Previously published material plus multiple and simultaneous submissions are accepted for review.
- No monetary payment is offered.
Shine your light by joining our efforts to decrease the stigma of mental illness. Together we can increase public awareness and share our experience, strength, and hope with those who still suffer.