According to WebMD, the most common types of mental illness are
- Anxiety disorders – generalized anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and specific phobias
- Mood disorders – depression, mania, and bipolar disorder
- Psychotic disorders – such as schizophrenia
- Eating disorders – anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder
- Addiction disorders – such as compulsive gambling and alcohol and drug abuse
- Personality disorders – such as borderline personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, and paranoid personality disorder
* Artwork in this post is public domain.